Of course, the refereed paper program for WWW2008 is still under review, but some other elements of the week begin to take shape. There will be some interesting entries for people interested in the Semantic Web, too. Not only will Tim give a keynote at the core conference, there will be some related workshops and tutorials, too.
The workshops include:
- Workshop on Linked Data on the Web
- Workshop on Semantic Web for Health Care and Life Sciences
- Workshop on Social Web and Knowledge Management (although the title does not refer to the Semantic Web, the topics of interest refers to “Social Semantic Web”…)
Although not labeled as “Semantic Web” either, I expect the Web Science Workshop to be of a primary interest, too.
As for the tutorials, the list includes:
- A Semantic Multimedia Web: Create, Annotate, Present and Share your Media
- Interlinking Online Communities and Enriching Social Software with the Semantic Web
- RDFa: Extensible Structured Data in HTML
- Introduction to the Semantic Web
I am sure that refereed paper track as well as the developers’ track will also include good stuff! This will be an interesting week…